Brain Burps About Books
See below and enter to be one of two to win a signed and personalized copy of Grace’s new book, Ling & Ting Share a Birthday!
Take advantage of getting FREE advice through the podcast and call in your questions to speakpipe.com/katiedavis.
What you’ll hear in this episode
- an interview with Grace Lin
- a gratitude segment with Julie Hedlund when Julie asks Caldecott Award Winner Peter Brown why he’s grateful to be a children’s picture book author/illustrator of books such as Mr. Tiger Goes Wild, Children Make Terrible Pets, and Creepy Carrots.
What you’ll hear in the interview
- The difference between writing for Easy Readers and other kinds of books (there are rules!)
- How I made a big mistake about the Geisel Award
- Grace’s late first husband Robert, and the legacy of Robert’s Snow
- How Grace came to love her Chinese heritage after not liking it at all growing up
- Finding and embracing her art style
Enter to win!
Yes! You might win a copy of Grace Lin’s new book Ling & Ting Share a Birthday by using the form below. Then check if you won by tuning in on Wednesday, October 2nd and listen to episode #152, or look back here after October 2nd and read the show notes for that episode, or go on Twitter and look for #BrainBurpsPodcast.