Brain Burps About Books Podcast #181
How a Playwright Writes a Novel
An Interview with Jonathan Auxier
In the week’s episode you’ll hear
- my interview with Jonathan Auxier, author of Peter Nimble and His Fantastic Eyes talking about his new book The Night Gardner.
- a surprise discount code for Video Idiot Boot Camp!
- Julie Falatko reviews A Piece of Cake by LeUyen Pham.
In The Interview with Jonathan Auxier You’ll Hear About
- if Jonathan, whose also playwright, wrote a book called “How to Write a Novel” what would the first three steps be.
- first person vs. third person.
- the Philip Pullman problem.
- the stuff we forgot!
- the video below and Jonathan’s amaaaaazing series called After the Book Deal.
- G.K. Chesterton and his famous quote – “Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.”
Sometimes I use affiliate links. if you click on them and buy what I recommend, I earn a referral fee. You do not pay any more than if you found the same thing through a search engine. It’s kind of like going to a restaurant and getting a recommendation from the waitress on what’s good. You don’t pay more for the food she suggests, but you might tip her for her service. In any case I never ever recommend a product or person I don’t believe in or trust. Otherwise, how would you believe me next time?