Brain Burps About Books Episode 198:
Science Books for Children About Things We Don’t Talk About
Click to tweet about this poopendous episode here!
- Are you ready to crank up your career? Crank It Up October is open for registration! Four weeks of group coaching with me at a steal of a price. Find out all the deets here.
- We’re having a giveaway of Artie’s fun science book: Belches, Burps, and Farts-Oh My!
- Club Burp-a-Palooza It’s only .19¢ a day, and you can get weekly transcripts and more here.
- Get the FREE course I’m giving away called 100 Things Every Writer Must Do To Succeed Online here: CoursesForWriters.com.
This week’s guest is Artie Bennett. Despite the titles of his books, like Poopendous!, Belches, Burps, and Farts-Oh My!, The Butt Book, and Peter Panda Melts Down, Artie is a true lover of words. He was a prodigy as a child. A word prodigy. How does that reveal itself in a child that grows up to be a writer? He becomes a crossword puzzle creator. He’s a punster and a rhyming champ.
Artie and I talk about
- Artie’s obscure but fascinating claim to fame (every writer should have this talent).
- How he told Abe Minzer, his best friend about getting his first NY Times Crossword puzzle printed.
- Artie’s scientific scatological interests leading to bestsellers!