Brain Burps About Books Podcast #216
Going to Sea with Dr. Bob Ballard
An Interview with Scholastic Author Karen Romano Young
- Check out my new site!
- Free book marketing lessons delivered straight to your inbox – go to my new site and you’ll see the sign up box on the right.
- Emily Wylie reviews The Turtle of Oman by Naomi Shihab Nye
This Week’s Guest is Karen Romano Young!
This week’s guest is Karen Romano Young. She is an author, illustrator, science communicator, comic creator, and deep sea diver. Her work includes graphic novels and science articles, young adult and middle grade novels, and books about the ocean and animals.
Karen and I talk about
• How Karen got to dive to the bottom of the ocean in Alvin.
• Writing for NASA, Wood’s Hole, extreme outreach.
• Did you know the NY Times is written so a 12-year-old can read it?
• Going to sea with Dr. Bob Ballard.
• Hydro-thermal vents 40 years after Dr. Ballard discovered them.
• Mapping parts of the ocean with robot submarines.
• Hundred Percent.
• Sea Turtle Rescue.
Some links might be affiliate links, which means if you click through them and get what I recommend they send me a genie who’ll grants me three wishes. Which of course, I will use to grant you three wishes. You pay nothing extra. (Seriously though, you don’t have to buy anything. I’m just sharing about things I like and use myself.)