Brain Burps About Books Podcast #228
How to Speak at Teacher Conferences
An Interview with Teresa Funke
Click to tweet about this week's episode
- Find out the First Five Ways to Build Your Author Platform and be the first to get notified when the How to Create Your Author Platform course opens again. CLICK HERE to get started.
- Join the fun in the Brain Burps About Book Podcast Group: www.katiedavis.com/podcastgroup. I'll be offering extras, and sharing resources to help you grow and learn best practices.
- Emily Wylie reviews Stacey Lee’s debut book Under a Painted Sky.
- Join me! I'm speaking at Podcast Boston on June 13th.
- I'm teaching Yale this summer on June 7th. (Yes, THAT Yale!) More information to come.
This Week's Guest is Teresa Funke!
This week’s guest is Teresa Funke. Teresa embodies the modern artist/entrepreneur. She is the owner of Teresa Funke & Company and Victory House Press and the award-winning author of six novels for adults and children based on true stories from WWII. She is also a nationwide speaker offering keynotes and presentations and a popular writer’s coach and creativity coach.
Visit Teresa's You Tube channel to watch her popular writing videos or to check out her playlist, “Great Ideas Giveaway,” in which Teresa shares business ideas for artists and creatives that they can take and use in their own models.
Teresa and I talk about
- Teresa's YouTube channel and how she uses it go in depth teaching writing techniques.
- Coaching writers.
- Great Idea Giveaways.
- Dancing in Combat Boots.
- Kids skipping recess to hear Teresa talk.
- Her multicultural series for kids: Home Front Heroes.
- The No-No Boys, the story of Japanese Internment camps in WWII.
- V for Victory, the story of a Mexican American boy in WWII.
- Wave Me Goodbye, the story of Jewish girl and an orphaned English boy becoming friends in WWII.
- How including back matter in non-fiction makes it easier for teachers to use.
- How Teresa hired a retired teacher to develop lesson plans and curriculum guides.
- Speaking at teacher conferences.
- Do you pay to attend the conference you want to speak at?
- How she was at the beginning of the self-publishing trend.
- Getting books in to museum gift shops.
- Book covers and how to design them.
- Teresa's Burst of Brillance for a Creative Life.
Some links might be affiliate links, which means if you click through them and get what I recommend they send me a genie who’ll grants me three wishes. Which of course, I will use to grant you three wishes. You pay nothing extra. (Seriously though, you don't have to buy anything. I'm just sharing about things I like and use myself.)