Brain Burps About Books Podcast #229
Writers, Do You Have a Financial Mentor?
An Interview with Todd Tresidder
Click to tweet about this week's episode
- Find out the First Five Ways to Build Your Author Platform and be the first to get notified when the How to Create Your Author Platform course opens again. CLICK HERE to get started.
- Join the fun in the Brain Burps About Book Podcast Group: www.katiedavis.com/podcastgroup. I'll be offering extras, and sharing resources to help you grow and learn best practices.
- Why should you as a writer learn about video? Not only to market your books, but because reciprocity rocks: to help with charities near and dear to your heart. I was able to help my local Neighbor to Neighbor charity with this video, below.
- Join me! I'm speaking at Podcast Boston on June 13th.
This Week's Guest is Todd Tresidder!
This week’s guest is Todd Tresidder. Todd Tresidder is a financial coach at FinancialMentor.com. His unconventional take on worn financial topics has appeared in the Wall Street Journal, Investor’s Business Daily, Smart Money magazine, Yahoo Finance, and more. He’s authored 5 financial education books including How Much Money Do I Need To Retire?, Variable Annuity Pros and Cons, and the 4% Rule and Safe Withdrawal Rates In Retirement.
Todd and I talk about
- Why every writer needs a platform – whether you are self-published or traditionally published.
- How books build relationships and relationships build businesses.
- Why you have to market your books.
- How writing the book is only a third of your job as an author.
- Building equity.
- How to compound your equity as a writer.
- Your books being your art.
- Expected Value Bets.
- How investing isn’t gambling.
- Roderick Russell, the Renaissance Man behind RemarkablyHuman.com.
- How Todd and Pat Flynn help each other out.
Some links might be affiliate links, which means if you click through them and get what I recommend they send me a genie who’ll grants me three wishes. Which of course, I will use to grant you three wishes. You pay nothing extra. (Seriously though, you don't have to buy anything. I'm just sharing about things I like and use myself.)