Brain Burps About Books Podcast #232
Making a Living as a Writer
An Interview with Laura Purdie Salas
- Picture Book Summit is coming October 3rd! The Early Bird registration is now open! Go HERE to check it out! You don’t want to miss this!
- Meet our podcast guests in our the Brain Burps About Book Podcast Group: www.katiedavis.com/podcastgroup. Come get your questions answered!
This Week’s Guest is Laura Purdie Salas!
This week’s guest is Laura Purdie Salas. Laura Purdie Salas is the author of more than 100 books for kids and teens, including BOOKSPEAK! POEMS ABOUT BOOKS (Minnesota Book Award, NCTE Notable, Bank Street Best Books, Eureka! Gold Medal, and more), STAMPEDE! POEMS TO CELEBRATE THE WILD SIDE OF SCHOOL (Finalist, Minnesota Book Award), and A LEAF CAN BE… (Bank Street Best Books, IRA Teachers’ Choice, NCTE Notable Children’s Book, Riverby Award for Nature Books for Young Readers, and more). She loves to introduce kids to poetry and help them find poems they can relate to, no matter what their age, mood, and personality. She has also written numerous nonfiction books. See more about Laura and her work at www.laurasalas.com.
Laura and I talk about
- What is your state of mind? What does it need to be?
- How to think of yourself as a business – tips and actionable steps!
- Who to send your packet to?
- What’s in the packet?
- Is there a standard pay rate or does it depend on the project?
- Laura’s book WRITING FOR THE EDUCATIONAL MARKET.
- How to Create Your Author Platform.
- Resources for writers at Evelyn Christensen and Writing for the Education Market.
- Pros and cons of being a working writer.
- How to be hired more often as a speaker.
Some links might be affiliate links, which means if you click through them and get what I recommend they send me a genie who’ll grants me three wishes. Which of course, I will use to grant you three wishes. You pay nothing extra. (Seriously though, you don’t have to buy anything. I’m just sharing about things I like and use myself.)