Brain Burps About Books Podcast #234
Click to tweet about this episode
- I have a listener Exclusive for you! Get Your First 1000 Followers is my new LIVE class coming this Fall for those who want that intro to business for writers. Grab your spot before July 31st and get $50 off with code PODCAST50. Just for my podcast peeps! Click HERE to check it out.
- Want to hear your question on a future episode of Brain Burps About Books? Ask your question at www.speakpipe.com/KatieDavis.
- Do you enjoy our Brain Burps About Books guests? Do you have questions about their interviews? Come join the Brain Burps About Books Facebook Group and interact with them (the week the episode airs)! Click HERE to join.
- Picture Book Summit is coming October 3rd! Are you writing picture books? If so, this conference can really help you, and you can attend in your PJs: Picture Book Summit is a LIVE one day online picture book writing conference! Featuring such folks as Peter Brown, Mac Barnett, Andrea Davis Pinkney, Laura Backes, Emma Walton Hamilton, Julie Hedlund, and me. It takes place on October 3rd and it’s going to ROCK. No travel hassles!The organizers are Institute of Children's Literature, Children's Book Insider,12×12 Picture Book Challenge, and Just Write For Kids. Also, a portion of all proceeds will go to benefit We Need Diverse Books.Early Bird registration is going on now (hundreds of people have registered and spots are filling fast). Reserve your spot at this online event to hear our fabulous keynote speakers, as listed above (Peter Brown, Andrea Pinkney, and Mac Barnett). Plus, we'll have sessions with agents, editors and more. You can find all the details at www.picturebooksummit.com.
This week I'm answering questions from the good ole' mailbag
Tune in to hear the answer to these burning writer questions:
- How do you balance a “just do it” attitude with thoughtful planning in your platform & products?
- What should I do to focus my marketing on social media to attract readers in my genre?
- What is one tip you would give to someone just starting out?
Resources mentioned in this episode