Brain Burps About Books Podcast #237
How Much Do You Edit Out?
An Interview with Author Lisa Schroeder
- Not sure how to get started with your marketing? Get Your First 1000 Followers is my new LIVE class coming this Fall for those who want that intro to business for writers. Learn how to use an email list, best practices for social media, taking of advantage of video, and how to monetize your website! Click HERE to check it out.
- Do you enjoy our Brain Burps About Books guests? Do you have questions about their interviews? Come join the Brain Burps About Books Facebook Group and interact with them (the week the episode airs)! Click HERE to join.
- One week left for the Picture Book Summit Early Bird offer! Price goes up on August 16th. Click HERE to register for the October 3rd online event with Peter Brown, Andrea Davis Pinkney, and Mac Barnett.
This week’s guest is Lisa Schroeder!
This week’s guest is Lisa Schroeder. Lisa Schroeder is the author of over a dozen books for kids and teens, including the YA novels I HEART YOU, YOU HAUNT ME and ALL WE HAVE IS NOW and the middle grade novels IT’S RAINING CUPCAKES and MY SECRET GUIDE TO PARIS. She loves tea and cookies, flowers, family hikes, books and movies that make her laugh and cry, and sunshine. Living in Oregon, she doesn’t get nearly enough sunshine, but the hikes are amazing. You can visit her online at www.lisaschroederbooks.com or on twitter at @lisa_schroeder.
Lisa and I talk about
- How much to edit when you’re asked?
- Do authors ever feel like they’re “doing it right?”
- How much Lisa knew before she started writing.
- The trick to stop worrying and stop feeling guilty!
- When you should write in verse and when to skip it.
- ALL WE HAVE IS NOW.
- Lisa Schroeder on Instagram (she uses the Word swag app)