From the cow that doesn’t hop to the giraffe that doesn’t crawl, animals on brightly colored page after page offer up giggles galore and a delightfully silly look at the way some creatures do — and don’t — get around.
When the time comes to guess who hops and flies and slithers and swims and crawls, observant young readers just might know the answer!
Kirkus Reviews: “A potential story hour favorite, with all the grace notes just right.”
Booklist: “Hilarious…a toddler’s story hour dream come true…and useful through the first grade.
Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Platinum Award
Book Sense 76 Pick
National Parenting Publications Honors Award
Children’s Book-of-the-Month Club Selection
A Junior Library Guild Selection
Scholastic Book Club Selection
You can buy this book in many different formats! A new giant book (it’s about 2′ x 3′!), paperback, board book in English or Spanish, Spanish board book, and bi-lingual lap book (that’s like a giant board book). Here are the ISBN numbers to search for in any of the following places to buy them:
- Big Book: (Sandpiper) ISBN-10: 0547519788, ISBN-13: 978-0547519784
- Paperback: (Sandpiper) ISBN-10: 015216412X, ISBN-13: 978-0152164126
- Board Book, English version: (HMH Books) Language: English, ISBN-10: 0152166084, ISBN-13: 978-0152166083
- Board Book, Spanish version: (Red Wagon Books) ISBN: 0152056025
- Lap-sized Board Book (Bilingual) ISBN-10: 9780152058890, ISBN-13: 978-0152058890