It's not too late if you want to help the trailer for Little Chicken's Big Day win a 2011 SLJ Trailee Award so click here!
This is not your usual charity. Milk and Bookies' goal is to provide two things, literacy promotion and service learning. You don't just drop off books at a place, rather, they've created various portals to donate books…listen and find out about this incredible idea that gets books into the hands of kids who need them most and give children an interactive lesson in giving.
In this episode you will hear
- a review by World of Julie‘s Julie Falatko: Bailey by Harry Bliss
- a Take5 Marketing Tip from Dianne de Las Casas: Resources & Reciprocity
In the interview you'll hear Milk and Bookies founder Meredith Alexander and me talk about
- how she started this incredible charity
- how she got celebrities involved
- the fabulous indie children's book store, Storyopolis
- Also Design, the graphic designers who created their incredible branding and the video below
- Betsy Brown Braun
- Sweet Pete by Meredith Alexander, illustrated by Kerry Meyer
- How you can have a very easy to do Milk and Bookies event
- the official Milk and Bookie cookie maker, Isabella's Cookie Company (send their Milk and Bookies cookies as gifts and Milk and Bookies gets a portion of the profit!)
Like the show?
Click the image to show your appreciation and help subsidize the cost of putting the show on by buying a virtual poem! Thanks!