Brain Burps About Books Podcast #177
In this week’s episode you’ll hear
- me correct a mistake in an answer to a question in last week’s podcast.
- how to follow me on Wattpad and read Dancing With the Devil, free, here.
- how to attend the live book club (sign up here)
- Julie Falatko review President Taft is Stuck in the Bath written by Mac Burnett and illustrated by Chris Van Dusen.
- my true-to-life story about how we saw the REAL three bears!
- the easiest new way to make videos using VideoMakerFX. This week they are offering their introductory price, so check it out here
- watch my demo of this awesome new video program today at 4:30pm ET here at http://www.katiedavis.com/LIVE
Where to come see me
- May 14th. 6-8pm The panel is co-presented by Barrington Books and the Barrington Public Library. With these writers, too: Bianca Turetsky, Annie Cardi, Katie Cotungo, Tara Sullivan
In the interview with Publishing Marketing Mgr. of Wattpad.com, Caitlin O’Hanlon, you’ll hear
- How to get High Wattage Promotion Power for Writers on Wattpad
- how to magnetize your profile to entice more readers.
- what a featured book is.
- how a featured book affects on sales.
- whether or not a writer should give away an entire book.
- if Wattpad can work for a book that’s being traditionally published.
Thank you to our sponsor
Thank you to the MFA program at Hamline for sponsoring the podcast. Hamline is the only university in the U.S. with three fine arts programs in creative writing: BFA, MFA (writing for adults), and MFA in Writing for Children and Young Adults. The deadline for application to July residency is May 15. (That’s SOON!) Click here to check it out!
Sometimes I use affiliate links. if you click on them and buy what I recommend, I earn a referral fee. You do not pay any more than if you found the same thing through a search engine. It’s akin to going to a restaurant and getting a recommendation from the waitress on what’s good. You don’t pay more for the food she suggests, but you might tip her for her service. In any case I never, ever, ever, ever, ever, recommend a product or person I don’t believe in or trust. Otherwise, how would you believe me next time?