There is a sisterhood of Katie Davis – that is to say, there are a whole bunch of us Katie Davises, and I have to say, the others are pretty awesome in myriad ways. I’m in swell company. I thought I’d introduce you to my fellow Katies. Why don’t I start…
Katie Davis, author and illustrator
- Published ten books, nine of them for children and one for adults, an eBook, How to Promote Your Children’s Book: Tips, Tricks, and Secrets to Create a Bestseller. She appears monthly on the ABC affiliate show, Good Morning CT, recommending great books for kids.
- Produces a podcast, Brain Burps About Books; writes a blog and monthly newsletter; and has designed and hosted webinars, all in an effort to “spread the gospel of kidlit.”
- Creates book trailers and other videos that have been finalists for both a Moby award as well as an SLJ Trailee Award, with the video for her latest picture book, Little Chicken’s Big Day winning the 2012 Trailee.
- Katie has taught in a maximum security prison teaching Writing for Children and over the last dozen years has presented and keynoted at schools, writing conferences, and fundraising galas.
- at eighteen-year-old skipped college, and moved to Uganda, leaaving everything she knew behind
- to make a difference, she has given up a relatively comfortable life—at a young age—to care for the less fortunate of this world
- she completely trusts God for daily provision for her and her family.
This Katie Davis is an inspiring, loving, and generous young woman, and I’m happy to share my name with her!
- a spiritual teacher, author and Keynote Presenter
- a former secondary school educator, a former owner of aerobics studios in the Pacific Northwest and mother of two.
- In 1986, Katie spontaneously awakened without spiritual practices or teachers.
- She has been traveling worldwide to share at events, satsangs, intensives, retreats and private appointments the miracle and ecstasy that are available through realizing the awake Heart.
- her site offers free videos, free downloads of articles and e-books, a blog, a free Friends of the Heart monthly newsletter with articles on Non-duality and Advaita as well as her event schedule.
Another Katie Davis I’m proud to share my name with! And here is another who I will never be confused with (that is, if you’ve ever heard me sing):
Katie Davis, singer/songwriter has
- Katie has self-released two EPs, one in 2004 and one in 2010. Reviews compare her to early Alanis Morissette, Feist, and The Postal Service.
- played around the northwest, and has shared the stage with Jon Auer (The Posies), Ivan & Alyosha, House of Wolves, and Kate Tucker.
- licensed songs to shows like MTV’s “Real World” and Oxygen’s “Bad Girls Club.” “She Hates Love Songs” earned top listener ratings on NPR’s “All Songs Considered” Open Mic.
“I have predicted to my listeners that Katie Davis may be one of those indie artists who break through to the mainstream, she’s that good.” – DJ Jerry Jodice at Virginia’s WRIR FM 97.3