Subscribe to the podcast!
In today's episode you'll hear a question from Sarah South to which I answer with these resources to find a freelance illustrator:
I am thrilled to have Jon Klassen, author and illustrator of I Want My Hat Back on the show to talk about his upcoming This Is Not My Hat. And believe me when I tell you, you want this book. Actually, you want them both.
In the interview we talk about
- writing messages in books
- animals who eat other animals
- people who do not like picture books about animals who eat other animals
- how a book so simple can be so complicated to create
- Little Joe's Books – call 'em and order signed books! (914) 232-7278
- how Jon is a terrible animator
- how the eyes express SO much (do not miss the images below!)
- his interview (and more art) on Seven Impossible Things Before Breakfast
- the uncanny valley (watch video below)
- my son Benny's movie I love so much (proud mom posts it below)
I love my title of this post. Jon Klassen: I Want My Hat Back but This Is Not My Hat cracks me up.