December 16 is the deadline to help the trailer for Little Chicken's Big Day win a 2011 SLJ Trailee Award! Click here to vote!
In this episode you'll hear me and Jarrett Krosoczka having too much fun. You'll also hear:
- a review by Travis Jonker of 100 Scope Notes: You Will Be My Friend by Peter Brown
- a Take5 Marketing Tip by Dianne de Las Casas: Book trailers
- a fly-on-the-wall mini day trip with Kathi Appelt to Little Joe's Books where we talk about authors we geek out over
In the interview you'll hear Jarrett and me talk about:
- The Joe and Shirl Scholarship he created to help kids who need art lessons, honoring his grandparents, who raised him
- the auction he's running to raise money for the scholarship fund he created (there are awesome prizes!)
- the incredible sketchbook you can own that will support that scholarship
- the talented John Lind, the designer of Monkey Boy to Lunch Lady: the sketchbooks of Jarrett J. Krosoczka
- how you can not only support this fabulous scholarship fund but also support your local indie bookseller by clicking here!
- how messy our studios are
Here is what you can win by bidding in the auction…as Jarrett says, “I'm excited to announce that the auction to support the Joe and Shirl Scholarships is now on. When you bid, I can continue to help kids in my hometown connect with an arts education at the Worcester Art Museum. Kids who are in unique familial situations and with limited financial resources are able to take classes free of charge! And all in honor of my grandparents, who raised me.”
The four items on the auction block are:
Click here to bid on an acrylic painting of Lunch Lady and Betty on a 16″ X 16″ canvas:
Click here to bid on a character triptych. Each acrylic painting is on a 6″ X 6″ canvas:
Click here to bid on lunch for you and a friend at Jarrett's studio!
(Children under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.)
Click here to bid on winning a Jarrett design for your school's mascot! Copyright of mascot design will be transferred to your school. Make T-shirts, totes—it'll be all yours!
Bidding happens via the links above and here.
You can also support the Joe and Shirl Scholarships by purchasing his sketchbook, Monkey Boy to Lunch Lady. The book is available in both print and digital editions here.