Brain Burps About Books Podcast #206
Our 101 Favorite Children's Books of the Year Part 1
- Would you answer this one question survey? I want to hear from how I can help YOU: https://www.katiedavis.com/onequestion
- Getting excited and prepped for the next session of Business for Writers 101: Crank It Up with Katie. Get it now for the early bird price of $97.
- Tomorrow I'm having a webinar where I'll teach a ton of stuff about how writers (and illustrators!) can use video to really help their careers. No purchase is necessary. Seriously, you can come and just learn.
At the end, if people want to enroll in my course, Video Idiot Boot Camp, half of the tuition will be donated to Pencils of Promise, an organization devoted to getting all kids access to quality education by building schools and training teachers around the globe.So if you've ever been on the fence about taking the course, you can get a sneak peek and see if you're interested. If you are, you'll be helping kids get a quality education.If not, just come and learn about video––it really will help your business as a writer!Again, tomorrow, December 6th at noon Eastern I'll teach during this special fundraising webinar on How to Use Video to Explode Your Writing Career.
- Get Video Idiot Boot Camp for $25 off, too and learn how to create videos to help your career as a writer and help a kid get a good education. Not only that, but the value of your contribution will be doubled because Pat Flynn will match everything up to $25,000 – tomorrow only, though! Use code pencils25 when you check out to get your discount.
- FREE webinar where I'll teach you how you can use video to explode your writing career, on Dec 6th at noon. Sign up here: https://www.katiedavis.com/pencils
This Week's Guests are
Matthew, Cynthia, and I talk about
- Their favorite books of 2014.
- 50 books this week and 51 books (including their #1 picks!) next week.
- All books are in alphabetical order so we can spread the book love.
- Getting a downloadable PDF of the books HERE for you to take to your local independent bookseller and get your favorites!
Like this video? Click here to find out how you can get a trailer made for your books OR go to VideosforWriters.com to find out more.
Download a PDF list of all these books here: Top 101 Children Books 2014 – The First 50
Note to my podcast listeners
When I was listening to Fresh Air on NPR I thought, “Hey! I could do that, but with children's publishing as my focus!” That's how Brain Burps About Books got started. Writing is so solitary. I thought it would be a great way to get to talk to my friends and make new ones, plus I could help others learn. Maybe I'd learn some stuff myself, too. I've had the privilege of talking to the first three National Ambassadors for Young People's Literature, to librarians and New York Time's bestselling authors. I've interviewed to booksellers and publishers, writers, illustrators, app creators, and app distributors, and more! There is always something new on the horizon to learn and to share. So many listeners have asked how to support the show, and actually, now you can. I've installed a donate button to help defray the costs of producing the show. What do you learn or get out of Brain Burps every week? If it's worth donating a dollar, two dollars, five, or whatever you think the show is worth to you, it would help enormously. The show costs $20 a month to keep on the server, and that's only if there are four shorter episodes in a month. That number doesn't include other costs like my time to research and record, post, edit the intros and outros, web hosting, and equipment and software to do all this. I ended up loving podcasting. I love my listeners. My “Burpers!” This is my gig, I know. and like I said, it's an incredible experience for me. But if you've you've been helped, or just love it too, and you're able, here's your opportunity to help defray the costs. No matter what, thank you for being a Burper!
Sometimes I use affiliate links. if you click on them and buy what I recommend, I earn a referral fee. You do not pay any more than if you found the same thing through a search engine. It's akin to going to a restaurant and getting a recommendation from the waitress on what's good. You don't pay more for the food she suggests, but you might tip her for her service. In any case I never, ever, ever, ever, ever, recommend a product or person I don't believe in or trust. Otherwise, how would you believe me next time?