Brain Burps About Books Podcast #207
Our 101 Favorite Children's Books of the Year Part 2
- Would you answer this one question survey? I want to hear from YOU: https://www.katiedavis.com/onequestion
- Support Pencils of Promise! See the free replay of How to Explode Your Career with Video to find out how you can help HERE.
- Get Video Idiot Boot Camp for $25 off, too and learn how to create videos to help your career as a writer and help a kid get a good education. Between now and December 31, half of every tuition for Video Idiot Boot Camp will be donated to Pencils of Promise, an organization that ensures quality education for children in Ghana, Guatemala, Laos, and Nicaragua. Use code pencils25 when you check out to get your discount. So far, we've donated over $800!
This Week's Guests are
Matthew, Cynthia, and I talk about
- Their favorite books of 2014.
- the next 51 books on the list including our number 1 picks!
- All books are in alphabetical order so we can spread the book love.
- Getting a downloadable PDF of the books HERE for you to take to your local independent bookseller and get your favorites!
Note to my podcast listeners
When I was listening to Fresh Air on NPR I thought, “Hey! I could do that, but with children's publishing as my focus!” That's how Brain Burps About Books got started. Writing is so solitary. I thought it would be a great way to get to talk to my friends and make new ones, plus I could help others learn. Maybe I'd learn some stuff myself, too. I've had the privilege of talking to the first three National Ambassadors for Young People's Literature, to librarians and New York Time's bestselling authors. I've interviewed to booksellers and publishers, writers, illustrators, app creators, and app distributors, and more! There is always something new on the horizon to learn and to share. So many listeners have asked how to support the show, and actually, now you can. I've installed a donate button to help defray the costs of producing the show. What do you learn or get out of Brain Burps every week? If it's worth donating a dollar, two dollars, five, or whatever you think the show is worth to you, it would help enormously. The show costs $20 a month to keep on the server, and that's only if there are four shorter episodes in a month. That number doesn't include other costs like my time to research and record, post, edit the intros and outros, web hosting, and equipment and software to do all this. I ended up loving podcasting. I love my listeners. My “Burpers!” This is my gig, I know. and like I said, it's an incredible experience for me. But if you've you've been helped, or just love it too, and you're able, here's your opportunity to help defray the costs. No matter what, thank you for being a Burper!
Sometimes I use affiliate links. if you click on them and buy what I recommend, I earn a referral fee. You do not pay any more than if you found the same thing through a search engine. It's akin to going to a restaurant and getting a recommendation from the waitress on what's good. You don't pay more for the food she suggests, but you might tip her for her service. In any case I never, ever, ever, ever, ever, recommend a product or person I don't believe in or trust. Otherwise, how would you believe me next time?