Brain Burps About Books Podcast #219
Avoid the Slush Pile with Pubslush
An Interview with Pubslush Vice President Amanda Barbara
Click to tweet about this week's episode
- Want to hear about my Author Platform course when it comes out? Join here!
- Just for listeners of the podcast! Get a $25 discount and a free success guide from Pubslush HERE.
- Julie Hedlund bring us a gratitude segment.
This Week's Guest is Pubslush Vice President Amanda Barbara!
This week’s guest is Amanda Barbara. Pubslush was founded by mother and daughter entrepreneurs, Hellen and Amanda Barbara. Pubslush is a global pre-publication platform that offers crowdfunding and pre-order options for authors and publishers. Amanda and her mother were inspired to create a more democratic publishing process after learning about the struggles of authors like J.K. Rowling, whose bestselling series was rejected by the 12 publishers to which it was initially sent. So many great authors have been dismissed to the infamous “slush pile.” The Pubslush name is derived from their mission to give authors the opportunity to get out of the slush pile, prove their talent and market viability, and successfully publish quality books.
Amanda and I talk about
- What can Pubslush do for writers?
- How Pubslush can be a launch pad for your writing career.
- What do if you're looking for a spot to gain fans.
- How your fans get an email when your book is ready.
- Why Pubslush is not just another crowd funding platform.
- How is it completely risk free for the authors?
- How they monetize! (Great for writers!)
- Finding your reader data.
- Do writers need a contract?
Some links might be affiliate links, which means if you click through them and get what I recommend they send me a genie who’ll grants me three wishes. Which of course, I will use to grant you three wishes. You pay nothing extra. (Seriously though, you don't have to buy anything. I'm just sharing about things I like and use myself.)