Brain Burps About Books Podcast #221
When You Get Interest from Traditional Publishers But Say No Thanks
An Interview with KeeKee’s Big Adventures Series Creator Shannon Jones
Click to tweet about this week's episode
- Answer one question and get my free marketing lessons! Go here and get my Book Promo Planner and Checklist PLUS 21 Ways to Promote Yourself on Amazon as a special bonus.
- Like the podcast? Review it on iTunes here.
- Julie Falatko reviews I Don’t Want to Be a Frog by Dev Petty and Mike Boldt
This Week's Guest is Shannon Jones!
This week’s guest is Shannon Jones.
Shannon's first book KeeKee's Big Adventures in Paris, France won the Independent Book Publishers Association Benjamin Franklin Awards Silver for Best First Children’s Book in April 2014 and Gold Mom’s Choice Award in Autumn 2013. KeeKee's Big Adventures in Rome, Italy received a Gold Mom's Choice Award in April 2013.
Her third book, KeeKee's Big Adventures in Athens, Greece, landed October 2014 and just received a Gold Mom's Choice Award.
Shannon and I talk about
- Why, even though Shannon got interest from traditional publishers, she decided to self-publish.
- The unusual process through which she found a great illustrator.
- Her editor is Lisa Pliscou.
- Her printer, Phoenix Color.
- The Bilingual pronunciation guide in her books.
- Getting geography lessons from a cat.
- The KeeKee Club.
Some links might be affiliate links, which means if you click through them and get what I recommend they send me a genie who’ll grants me three wishes. Which of course, I will use to grant you three wishes. You pay nothing extra. (Seriously though, you don't have to buy anything. I'm just sharing about things I like and use myself.)