Brain Burps About Books Podcast #242
Picture Book Summit
An Interview with Julie Hedlund
This week's guest is Julie Hedlund!
Julie Hedlund is an award-winning children's book author, founder of the 12 x 12 Picture Book Writing Challenge, blogger, and a regular speaker at SCBWI and other industry events.
Her picture book, A TROOP IS A GROUP OF MONKEYS, Little Bahalia Publishing, 2013, first published as an interactive storybook app, was the recipient of the 2014 Independent Book Publisher's Association Benjamin Franklin Digital Gold Award. Her storybook app, A SHIVER OF SHARKS, Little Bahalia Publishing, 2013, was a 2014 Digital Book Award winner. Her latest book, MY LOVE FOR YOU IS THE SUN, is available on Amazon.
Julie is a monthly contributor on author/illustrator Katie Davis' Brain Burps About Books children's literature podcast, a PAL member of SCBWI, and a contributing editor on the subject of 21st Century Publishing for Children's Book Insider.
Julie & I talk about
- Where the idea for Picture Book Summit came from.
- What is a Master Mind group and how ours got started.
- Advantages of going to an online event vs. an in-person conference.
- What happens if you miss one of our online sessions.
- The agents and editors we interviewed for Picture Book Summit.
- The landscape of publishing in the 21st century.
- How many spots are left in Picture Book Summit.
- Who will be attending the event live!
- How to give us feedback on Picture Book Summit at www.speakpipe.com/katiedavis.
- Our amazing project manager Kristin Ammerman.
- The PJ party!