For me, I know YouTube was a huge part in helping me create my author platform. My reach, my platform, and my career would look completely different without the ‘Tube so Happy 10th Birthday, YouTube!
That's right, 10 years ago today the very first video was posted on YouTube. Who knew how drastically that one little platform would change the way we consume media in the 21st century? It's kinda crazy to think about.
Thanks to YouTube:
- I posted my first regular TV appearance.
- I created my own booktrailers.
- I won a School Journal Trailee award.
- I brought new life to my backlisted books.
- I created a course to help others use video to further their careers.
- I've read my books aloud to people I will never meet in person.
- I learned how to write better picture books.
- I've interviewed some amazing authors.
- I've made 930 new friends and had my videos watched 98,899 times.
YouTube has been an integral part of my platform and I am forever grateful, but it's just one part of my online presence. Want to know the #1 thing that's made the biggest difference in my platform?
And, don't forget to have a little cake today! (Because you know, creating video IS a piece of cake!)
P.S. LIVE HANGOUT TONIGHT – Join me!
YouTube Page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZAXMLMN_ls