What did dozens and dozens and dozens of my peeps write to me when I asked them, “What can I do for you? What do you want to learn?” This:
- “I know some tech but I'm stuck! Help!”
- “I know I need video on my site, but what, other than book trailers?”
- “I want to start an email list but I've got no idea how to start or build one.”
- “I'm freaking out! How do I balance all of this, and marketing with my writing?”
They let me know what they needed, what's stumping them, frustrating them, and basically just freaking them out.
Guess what I learned?
No one is alone!
There were definite threads going through every response. People asked for help in five main categories:
- Video and Tech: how to make videos, then what to do with them, how to embed and distribute them, and website/blog issues
- Email Lists: how to develop one, run one, and why (note: this is SO crucial!)
- General Marketing: how to not be pushy, how to make your own best opportunities, how to get the biggest bang for your “buck”
- Social Media: how to use it to your best advantage
- Balancing all of the above with writing!
I realized I needed to put together something that could truly be of value to my peeps. I'm so excited to share this–I hope you'll check it out because I really think it will help you!