Subscribe for: iPod, iPhone & iTunes / Zune / Android
Sponsored by The Highlights Foundation – check out the amazing workshops they have! Here is an episode I did with the people who are presenting Making the Web Work for You.
Also brought to you by Audible.com – click here for a FREE trial…don't you want a free audio book?!
Right click here and do a “save as” to download a PDF transcript of this episode. If you are deaf or hard of hearing, transcripts of other episodes are available by request.
In this episode you'll hear
- me talk about the Highlights Foundation workshop, Creating an Authentic Cultural Voice
- how we will have our monthly Tweetchat, #KidlitPRChat, on Wed., March 7 form 6-7pm ET while I am at the Highlights Foundation workshop with faculty experts joining in!
- questions from readers/listeners on promoting oneself in a blog comment and how to decide which way to go in a story
- a review by librarian Mr. John Schumacher: Petunia Goes Wild by Paul Schmid
- a Take5 Marketing Tip from Dianne de Las Casas: Evernote
- a new segment called Julie Hedlund Gets All Grateful on Your A**
In this interview with Carol Rasco of RIF you'll hear us talk about
- What it's like to work in the White House
- Ways to integrate literacy in every day life
- Every $2.50 donation gets a paperback into the hands of a child who needs a book.
- 90% of every donation goes straight to the kids
How can I donate to RIF?
- By mail: Reading Is Fundamental, Inc. Development Department 1255 23rd Street, NW Suite 300 Washington, DC 20037
- By phone: Call the development staff toll-free at 1-888-725-4801.
- Online: Go to our secure donation page.
- Additional options: You can also contribute through workplace giving, honor and memorial donations, bequeaths in wills, and many other ways. For more information, please visit our Other Ways to Give page.