Brain Burps About Books Podcast #236
Listener Mailbag: Part 2
- I have a listener Exclusive for you! Get Your First 1000 Followers is my new LIVE class coming this Fall for those who want that intro to business for writers. Grab your spot before July 31st and get $50 off with code PODCAST50. Just for my podcast peeps! Click HERE to check it out.
- Want to hear your question on a future episode of Brain Burps About Books? Ask your question at www.speakpipe.com/KatieDavis.
- Do you enjoy our Brain Burps About Books guests? Do you have questions about their interviews? Come join the Brain Burps About Books Facebook Group and interact with them (the week the episode airs)! Click HERE to join.
- Picture Book Summit is coming October 3rd! Are you writing picture books? If so, this conference can really help you, and you can attend in your PJs: Picture Book Summit is a LIVE one day online picture book writing conference! Featuring such folks as Peter Brown, Mac Barnett, Andrea Davis Pinkney, Laura Backes, Emma Walton Hamilton, Julie Hedlund, and me. It takes place on October 3rd and it’s going to ROCK. No travel hassles!The organizers are Institute of Children's Literature, Children's Book Insider,12×12 Picture Book Challenge, and Just Write For Kids. Also, a portion of all proceeds will go to benefit We Need Diverse Books. Early Bird registration is going on now (hundreds of people have registered and spots are filling fast). Reserve your spot at this online event to hear our fabulous keynote speakers, as listed above (Peter Brown, Andrea Pinkney, and Mac Barnett). Plus, we'll have sessions with agents, editors and more. You can find all the details at www.picturebooksummit.com.
This week I'm answering more questions from the good ole' mailbag!
Tune in to hear the answer to these burning writer questions:
- What are Twitter lists and what can I use them for?
- There are SO many things to do – build a website, start an email list, be active on social media. I’m overwhelmed and suffering from “analysis paralysis”. What should I do?
- If you could do this again from scratch….what is one marketing move you would do again and what one marketing move would you not do again.
- What is the best way to market your book when you are on a shoestring budget?
- As someone who doesn't crave the spotlight, I wonder how to get over that dislike of the limelight and peddling my own wares. Are there effective ways for wallflowers to promote their books too?
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Twitter lists explained
- How to use Twitter lists
- Forbes article on multi-tasking
- Ideas for your Twitter lists:
-Directory of media contacts
-Going to a conference? SCBWI? Picture Book Summit? Make a list!
-Create a list that will help your peeps
-Potential podcast guests
-Writers you want to read
-People you want to write about
-People in your tribe you want to acknowledge