NOTE: Tonight’s monthly tweetchat is now at 9pm ET and the hash tag is #kidlitbiz.
Subscribe for: iPod, iPhone & iTunes / Zune / Android
Buy the podcast app!
Brought to you by Audible.com – click here for a FREE trial … don’t you want a free audio book and help support the podcast?
In this episode you’ll hear
- my interview with Maryann Cocca-Leffler, the author of over 50 books and now, a play based on one of her books, and funded through Kickstarter.
- a Julie Hedlund Gets All Grateful on Your A** segment
- a Take5 Marketing Tip from Dianne de Las Casas (whose 11-year-old daughter regularly slaughters me in Scramble with Friends)
In the interview you’ll hear
- how a picture book called Princess Kim and the Lie That Grew became a play
- the genesis of the play and how Maryann kept her performance rights when she signed her book contract
- about Maryann’s partnership with Toby Tarnow, Andrew Cass, and Premik Russell-Tubbs
- how it was chosen as a semi-finalist for the 2012 Ronald M. Ruble New Play Festival at the Carol Crane Children’s Theater at Bowling Green State University
- the amazing stat that Princess K.I.M. The Musical is in the top 15 plays out of 178 plays submitted
- how Maryann and her team need your support on their Kickstarter Project which you can find out about here
- about her ebooks
- how she sold over a million copies of Let is Snow & Let it Fall
Kathy RupffApril 4, 2012 - 6:34 am ·
Thanks for the awesome interview, Katie!
katieApril 4, 2012 - 12:37 pm ·