Brought to you by Audible.com – click here for a FREE trial … don’t you want a free audio book and help support the podcast at the same time?
Check out my new job title here!
In this episode you’ll hear
- an interview with Jason Low, publisher at Lee & Low Books
- a review by John Schu of the graphic novel, Lunch Lady and the Mutant Mathletes by Jarrett J. Krosoczka
- a Take5 Marketing Tip by Dianne de Las Casas: Twitter Engage
- my new Marketing Consultations service
- Reminding you about Operation Unfriend…But Like!
In the interview you’ll hear
- the learning process, even for a publisher
- how shy people can learn to market their books
- the imbalance of books published by people of color
- the imbalance between characters of color and caucasian ones
- a fab article by Suzanne Morgan Williams in the SCBWI bulletin (May/June 2012)
- New Voices award
- about Lee & Low’s acquisitions
- about Tu Publishing
- racism in picture books like Tikki Tikki Tembo
- It Jes Happened – a children’s biography on Bill Traylor, who started drawing at the age of eighty-five and became one of America’s most important outsider artists.