Brain Burps About Books Episode 199:
Steve Scott Shares His Secrets for Making Money with Kindle Books
[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/brainburps/IndieAuthor_Steve_Scotts_Giant_Success_Advice.mp3″ title=”Steve Scott Shares His Success with Kindle Books” artist=”Steve Scott” social=”true” social_twitter=”true” social_facebook=”true” social_gplus=”true” ]
Click to tweet about this money-making episode here!
- Are you ready to take your writing career to the next level but don’t know where to start? Come learn the basics of using video and tech, social media, how to start an email list (and why you need one), marketing your book and yourself and how all this combines to build a platform in the new Crank It Up group starting Oct 30. Click here.
- I’m grateful to Tim McCanna for his wonderful Halloween jingle!
- Julie Hedlund returns this week with a gratitude segment.
This week’s guest is Steve Scott, independent writer and publisher who has earned $60,000 in a month with his Kindle books. Listen in and learn how he did it!
In the interview you’ll hear Steve’s top advice about:
- Marketing tools that Amazon supplies.
- Should you give away your book and if so, when?
- Drilling down into topics and breaking them down for your books.
- How to find the perfect illustrator.
- How many words is selling for what amount now and what’s working for him.
Note to my podcast listeners:
When I was listening to Fresh Air on NPR I thought, “Hey! I could do that, but with children’s publishing as my focus!” That’s how Brain Burps About Books got started. Writing is so solitary. I thought it would be a great way to get to talk to my friends and make new ones, plus I could help others learn. Maybe I’d learn some stuff myself, too.
I’ve had the privilege of talking to the first three National Ambassadors for Young People’s Literature, to librarians and New York Time’s bestselling authors. I’ve interviewed to booksellers and publishers, writers, illustrators, app creators, and app distributors, and more! There is always something new on the horizon to learn and to share.
So many listeners have asked how to support the show, and actually, now you can. I’ve installed a donate button to help defray the costs of producing the show. What do you learn or get out of Brain Burps every week? If it’s worth donating a dollar, two dollars, five, or whatever you think the show is worth to you, it would help enormously.
The show costs $20 a month to keep on the server, and that’s only if there are four shorter episodes in a month. That number doesn’t include other costs like my time to research and record, post, edit the intros and outros, web hosting, and equipment and software to do all this.
I ended up loving podcasting. I love my listeners. My “Burpers!”
This is my gig, I know. and like I said, it’s an incredible experience for me. But if you’ve you’ve been helped, or just love it too, and you’re able, here’s your opportunity to help defray the costs.
No matter what, thank you for being a Burper!