Brought to you by Audible.com – click here for a FREE trial … don't you want a free audio book and help support the podcast?
In this week's show I speak to Nicole Deming who works at the Children's Book Council. From their site: “The CBC is the national nonprofit trade association for children’s trade book publishers. The CBC offers children’s publishers the opportunity to work together on issues of importance to the industry at large, including educational programming, literacy advocacy, and collaborations with other national organizations.
Our members span the spectrum from large international houses to smaller independent presses. Membership in the CBC is open to U.S. publishers of children’s trade books, as well as in some cases to industry-affiliated companies. Learn more about the benefits of membership and join the only national trade organization exclusively dedicated to children’s book publishers.
The Children’s Book Council sponsors Children’s Book Week, a celebration of books and reading since 1919 and the nation’s longest-running literacy initiative.
The CBC is proud to partner with other national organizations on co-sponsored reading lists, educational programming, and literacy initiatives.”
Also in this episode you'll hear
- me as a pre-Pinterest user, which is funny because by the time this aired I have become a full on Pinterest freak
- a question from a listener about getting ripped off
- a digital book review from MaryAnn Scheuer: Bats
- a Take5 Marketing Tip from Dianne de Las Casas: Mobile Receipts
- my thanks to my lovely listeners