Evan Spiridellis of JibJab, the creators of a new make-your-own eBook app for children under the name JibJabJr.
- my complete joy over being nominated for an SLJ Trailee Award for two different trailers I made you can see them here and here! Voting starts in October!
- a Bookalicious Pam review: Legacy
- a Take5 Marketing Tip from Dianne de Las Casas: Press Releases
- about the Podcast Awards – see below!
If you've ever learned something about the business from my newsletters, blog, podcasts, or videos would you consider helping me? (by September 30!)
The nominated podcasts on PodcastAwards.com will have 40,000,000 views, if last year is any indication. I'm not asking you to vote. Just nominate. It's easy & it would help get my podcast seen (and then heard) by more people thereby further spreading The Gospel of Kidlit.
Step 1: Click here to get to the podcast awards nomination page.
Step 2: In first row, under PEOPLES CHOICE and in the 4th row down on the left, in the EDUCATION category, enter Brain Burps About Books where it says “Podcast name”.
Step 3: Under that, where it says “Podcast URL” enter http://www.BrainBurpsAboutBooks.com
Step 4: Enter your details at the bottom, hit submit and you're done.
That is all.
If you can do this, and do it by the September 30 deadline, I thank you.
In the interview we discuss
- the JibJab logo and how it came to be
- our high-low sense of humor
- I say the word doodie. Out loud. Not the duty kind. You know what I mean.
- how they went from political satire to eCards to this new app for children
- why I get called rude
- again, the more you give, the more you get
- why special needs kids in particular love JibJab videos
- why celebrity books are usually horrible