Brain Burps About Books Podcast #220
Kelly Light’s Top Tips to Getting Traditionally Published
An Interview with Kelly Light: How She Got Five Offers Before Ever Getting an Agent
Click to tweet about this week’s episode
[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/brainburps/Kelly_Lights_Top_Tips_to_Getting_Traditionally_Published.mp3″ title=”Kelly Light’s Top Tips to Getting Traditionally Published” ]
- Do you have questions about promoting your books? Ask them here and get free marketing lessons!
- Thank you for your reviews!
- Julie Hedlund bring us a gratitude segment.
This Week’s Guest is author-illustrator Kelly Light!
This week’s guest is Kelly Light. Author Illustrator, Kelly Light was born in 1970 off exit 149 of the Garden State Parkway. She grew up down the shore surrounded by giant roadside dinosaurs, cotton candy colors and skee ball sounds. Schooled on Saturday morning cartoons and Sunday Funny pages, she picked up a pencil and started drawing and never stopped.
Kelly and I talk about
- The day Kelly got so many calls from editors she stopped answering the phone.
- How she got five offers before she ever got an agent.
- How Kelly got published.
- What BEA was like for her being treated like a debutante.
- Who is “the Willy Wonka of books?”
- Kelly’s top tips to getting and being traditionally published.
Louise Loves Art Book Trailer from Louise Light on Vimeo.
Some links might be affiliate links, which means if you click through them and get what I recommend they send me a genie who’ll grants me three wishes. Which of course, I will use to grant you three wishes. You pay nothing extra. (Seriously though, you don’t have to buy anything. I’m just sharing about things I like and use myself.)